Monday 9 January 2017

Pet Friendly Sofa's



With a new year upon us, change is something we all seem to be craving these days. For me, I decided one thing that definitely needed to change was my not so white leather sofa that is now 3 years old but looking more like 10years old. When I bought this couch it was pre cat and dog, a cleaner, more simple time. The puppy and kitten stage took a toll on my sofa, with my puppy chewing a hole in the front of my beloved couch that could not be repaired because the company I bought from couldn't get me a leather swatch to match for repairs (I will not name drop, but it was a nice modern store and the couch was not cheap) and the cat decided the arms would make a nice scratching post. So needless to say, the couch has seen better days and it’s time for a new one. So this time around I want to make sure I buy a sofa that is going to last. 

So I created a must haves list for my new sofa : 

-Seat cushions that actually come off and aren't attached, with removable cover (easy to clean and I can flip them to keep them looking newer longer, and if anything were to happen I could get it replaced by the manufacturer. 

-The colour I want will be in the medium range, not too dark (shows husky and cat hair), not light (shows dirt and stains). I am leaning towards a taupe or a medium grey. 

-Tight back - My dog tends to love chewing on a pillow from time to time, and I cant have him mistaking a sofa as a pillow $$$$

-Last but not least the most important - the fabric type. Working in furniture sales I get to learn a lot about several furniture manufacturers and construction, warranties, and most importantly, fabric. There are a few fabrics on the market now that are quite impressive, here is the list :

La-Z-Boy Clean - Pre-treated stain resistant fabrics. LaZboy also backs up these fabrics with a pro rated 3 year warranty. 

Best Home Furnishing - Revolution Fabrics- Made with Nobel Prize winning, synthetic fibre “Olefin”. Olefin is made of up-cycled materials, made from polypropylene or polyethylene. It is  the most environmentally friendly fibre on the market. Olefin's advantages are its strength, colourfastness and comfort, its resistance to staining, mildew, abrasion, sunlight and its good bulk and cover. There are a lot of outdoor fabrics made from this fibre, but now more people are using it in their homes.

Decor-Rest & Superstyle - Made in Canada, these two furniture manufacturers have made the list because they have several fabric samples in store that display all of the information you need on the back of each fabric swatch such as : what the rub count is, cleaning instruction, and what the fibres are in the fabric. 

Other brands on the market have similar fabrics to offer as well, when sofa shopping, be sure to learn more about the fabric, ask what fibres are used, what the rub count is. 100% Polyester is great and is the most popular fabric used for furniture. 
Here are the sofa’s that have made my list!


Superstyle - Not my fabric choices but I love this style.  
Not my top style choice, this one is very simple, but that practicality wise, this is a great choice done in the revolution fabrics. Not my fabric choices shown in picture.




















 Both of these fine sofas are from the Steven & Chris line by Decor-rest. I would take either of them as shown on their website. 












This beautiful classic style from LaZboy is so my style. I would ether do it in a taupe or grey and a fun print toss cushion. 


This is another Decor-Rest Sofa, but not from the designer collection. I would do this in different fabric choices.  


All of these and many more can be custom ordered in your own personal style from Lounsbury Furniture in Moncton, Contact me for more information :)
                                                                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment